Aji approved, Tandalachi Ukad is our desi version of a porridge! Filling, flavourful and fast! Made from rice flour and a few basic ingredients that you have in your pantry right now, you can make Ukad in just twenty minutes! Don’t wakeup Aji back home for the recipe, just follow along by clicking on this link. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- 1/2 inch finely chopped Ginger
- 1 finely chopped Green Chilli
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup MH12 Foods Rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing and curry leaves.
- Add the ginger, green chilli, salt and turmeric powder.
- Combine the water and yogurt and make the buttermilk, now add it to the tempering.
- Now that that tadka for the ukad is ready, reduce the heat and add in the water, right after, quickly add in the rice flour.
- Add salt and bring that to a boil.
- On low heat, mixing continuously add rice flour – cover and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with a ghee.